Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vintage cameras are my new thing...


So I have found yet another hobby, collecting cameras! But not only am I collecting them, I am actually using them and experimenting with medium format cameras for actual portraiture, weddings, etc.  The first camera I got was the one on the right, the Kodak TLR Duaflex.  This camera was made in 1949 and uses 620 film.  Brett got me this one for Christmas and I have already done two rolls of film! (the film is a little expensive since they don't make it much anymore) 

The camera on the left I found at a thrift shop in Bowling Green.  It's a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye which also was made around 1949-50 and also takes 620 film.  The first picture is Brett taking it apart and me cleaning it! Parts were everywhere! But the neatest thing about both of these cameras is that they came with the attachable flash! The flash I will probably never use though because the bulbs are very expensive and can only be used once!

I will be posting pictures made with each one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment