Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A very Tired Day

Hey everybody, today was a very long day. Today was the hardest day to wake up yet and I definitely had 3 cups of coffee this morning. But today was different, because Ada was the one directing our little group around London on the tubes. At some points today this was very frustrating. It was also frustrating that I woke up again at 5 this morning. Anyways, today Darrell had class for 3 HOURS! Yes 3 hours. It was painful. lol. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. After that we had 2 1/2 hours to get across London (even across the Thames River) to the Globe Theater for a class field trip.

So me, Liz and George sat off. We did great by ourselves. I was very proud because I was the one leading us. We walked across the Millenium Bridge which was a walking bridge designed for the Millenium New Year. After this we ate at a place called the Swan right off of the river. We had Cream of Celery soup, bread, and pomegranate juice....what I considered to be a European meal. it was good.

After that we met our group to go into Shakespeare's Globe Theater which was the second best moment of my trip. When I walked into that place, I had to catch my breath. Just to know the rich history behind such a theater and see it in real life was amazing. It was just like I had imagined. If you didn't know, it was Shakepeare's theater that he had built that was open to the sky with three different levels and an open floor for the poorest of people with a big extravagant stage that was never changed play to play because he always adds in the scenery of his plays. This was a very surreal moment in London because the atmosphere was so surrounding.

After this, we went shopping on Oxford Street, which almost made me vow to never shop in New York ever since it was soooo crazy. In Gap and Urban Outfitters, clothes were just thrown everywhere, I would hate to work there at closing time. Me, Liz, and George were beat so we started heading towards the place we were supposed to meet everyone for dinner. We took the tube to this street only to find that it was not there where we had been told. So after that, I got out a map and figured out how to get us back to this pub called the Lion and the Lamb, which is in our Top 10 book. We finally got there and met up with a couple people out of our class. I had fish and chips for the first time in London! Also served with peas! And it was very good!

After that we come home and here we are now at the hotel getting ready to go to sleep because tomorrow we have to wake up at 7 am to board the bus at 8 am. We are going to Bath and Stonehenge which will definitely be another breathtaking experience! Goodnight Kentucky and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment