Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Fruits of My Labor And Your Neglect...


RECRUITMENT IS OVER!!! That was a hurray shout from me for having the most stressful week of my life over! But for the best part of it, we got 24 amazing new girls who are so beautiful and precious! New babies to take care of and show them our love for this place! But anyways, on to the decorations! The picture above was our banner on Open House Night. This night we also do the ceiling in full out balloons in a rainbow stripe! It's beautiful and very catchy! The next night was Philanthropy night, which was Anchors Away with Sigma Kay! This was our banner and we served ginger ale this night! It looked very nautical and our outfits were so fun!

At each of the tables the girls made soap fish to send to Maine Seacoast Mission. The soap fish were bars of soap wrapped in saran wrap and then felt fins and eyes glued on to make them look like fish! Really cute!
Didn't everybody look so cute?!
Candyland night was my absolute favorite. It was such a good feeling to see my thoughts come to life in front of me. I kept telling people, "this is what my brain looks like!" It felt so good to finally see it come together but I had a very hard time delegating this night because I knew what it needed to look like from my head. But it turned out great! The floor was a really nice addition with the candyland board game trail going around it! Real fun and the skit was hilarious!







Queen Frostine in her corner...These were the table centerpieces that related with each corner of the room...

My lovely friend Katie Dean was Plumpy. She sat high up in her tree (coke machine) the whole party and people would just look up there and be like "Oh my! There is a person up there!!" It was quite funny to see everyones face with this realization.
Princess Lolly and Jolly and then Melinda. In the skit Melinda was one of the kids who traveled along the deserted rainbow road to find the Sigma Kappa Candy Castle!

This is how cute everyone was!Gramma Nutt was Mary Alice she was just precious! Isn't she perfect as her?!?!
Ms. Mint was played by Angela Vance...

And here I am with my loveliest of friends on Chapel Day ready to get our new girls. It was definitely worth all the stress and everything I went through (laptop breaking, car not working, phone not working, etc.). Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job! Creative minds will take you far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast and your candyland theme was awesome! So creative. Makes me miss my sorority days and recruitment/rush. Enjoy it, time flies by fast. :)

    ReplyDelete