Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gone to Nashville in My Mind

Well I decided last week that I wanted to start taking the steps to being a grown-up and made an appointment with the Calling and Career Center on campus.  I was really nervous but I took my pretty copy of my resume and headed there to figure out the next steps.  Come to find out, the meeting was not that bad! Robin made me feel like I was really worth something and I had accomplished something over the past four years of my life! I became really excited even with all of the changes I have to make to my resume... :-/ lol.

The question of the day though was the most interesting and I knew what my answer was going to be. "Is there a certain place you would like to relocate after college?" I smiled as she asked this question because this was one sure thing I knew. I want to go to Nashville and so I told her.  Nashville holds so much potential for me I feel.  I love the proximity of home in relation to Nashville and I also love the city! I am a music fanatic and also ready for design in a big city! My dream job would be to do album labels for a record company or music posters.  Nashville is calling me! 

So then Robin gave me hope by telling me she could help me in this area and we would start searching alums in this area for me to get a hold of and maybe try to get an informational interview with them.  I became very excited also when she gave me a packet on relocating to Nashville.

But as all good things are: they don't come soon enough and so now I sit and I dream.  I search diligently for jobs and sometimes I look at apartments.  Melinda and Lindsey have thought about Nashville as well so it is fun to dream of us living together in West End!  

So in the meantime, I am working very hard on my Senior Show.  I was very excited last night when I had another burst of brain power and more came flooding out of my head onto paper.  I am so ready for this to get rolling again.  I am going to be scheduling more interview/photo sessions next week with people from home again and I am very excited! While I am waiting for that I am searching for images and starting my accordion books that will be included in my show.  I am very excited for what this has in store for me in the next few weeks before Spring Break! Hopefully you are excited too! 

2 comments:

  1. I think your choice of job would be super fun! Hopefully you will make some good connections through the alumni association. Keep those creative juices flowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a job that would be so fun and interesting! I never knew that you were a "city" girl! But I can deff. see you in Nashville! Good Luck and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete