Sunday, February 8, 2009

Annie Leibovitz: My Current Inspiration

Recently I had the great opportunity in London to see the photographic works of Annie Leibovitz, one of my favorite photographers who focuses on portraits of celebrities. I bought her book, "Annie Leibovitz At Work" and have been researching a lot on her works to get inspired for my Senior Show since I am doing portraits.

Currently, Annie works for Vanity Fair as a contributing photographer. Her latest work was a series of pictures of famous movie stars and their directors. This one was very intriguing considering that Heath Ledger and his director, Christopher Nolan, from The Black Night are not even in the same picture here. Annie used the power of lovely technology to include both of these wonderful people into one photograph to add to her collection. Guys she is amazing! Okay, so she added him in, I am capable of that, but her career and her work is out of this world.

I have been reading her book and it starts out, "When I started my first job at Rolling Stone..." I am in awe! How lucky would it be to be there when Rolling Stone began and see something like that grow? How lucky would it be to find a great job right out of school for my photography? lol.

But as I was reading today what it means to be a photographer through the mind of Annie, KET caught my eye when I saw Buckingham Palace on there, so I paused for a moment to see what was going on. It just so happened that it was the 15 minute photo shoot of Queen Elizabeth that Annie conducted! It was fabulous! I had no idea that the Queen got agitated at Annie when she asked her to remove her crown to take away some of the formality! She even stormed out! You will have to check it out on BBC!

But anyways, this is what is really inspiring me right now, so you will probably be hearing more about ole Annie Leibovitz!

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out your photos and have to tell you....you are an amazing photographer!!!! I am in love with all your pictures. You are so talented and should be so proud of each of them. They are all stunning and each one tells such a great story! Thanks for sharing the link so we could all take in your talent! :) Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete